Sunday, October 30, 2011

Open table

Dear Laurel,


  Something fun happening here! Last summer I posted (to my base of nearly 200 carefully screened) Facebook friends that I was making ice cream... a handful of friends chimed in and said they wanted some, and a party was born.  Yesterday one of those guests posted (to her nearly 200 carefully screened Facebook friends) that she was making soup and bread and would have space for 7 guests for dinner.  Four people said they'd like to come.  What a fun group it turned out to be--an unusual mix of people who came ready for good food and good conversation. Now the eldest of those guests, a woman in her 70's says she's going to give it a try. I'll be planning an open table dinner soon, too. Maybe you'll come!

All my best,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment