Sunday, October 23, 2011

My kind


Dear Cal,

  This afternoon I visited the open studios of several artists--painters, a jewelry maker, glass artist, and a blacksmith.  I was with my kind of people... the kind that are charged up about the work they do with their hands.  We've talked about this before; the something that all artists have in common once they've put in their time.  They have a respectful confidence in their materials and in their process.  Does that make sense? It's hard to capture the idea in words. Every bit of knowledge and experience serve as building blocks for what comes nexts.  I had a wonderful time, you would have enjoyed it, too.

All my best,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kate, I have just read every postcard entry. I love how you see things and use the photographs and words to tell us about it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good words--I appreciate them very much.

    ReplyDelete