Sunday, October 9, 2011

A good plan

Butternut squash for roasting
 Dear Laurel,

Remember when I decided to try to invite people for dinner twice a month?  It was one of the best decisions I've made.  As with anything else, the more you do it the easier it gets.  There've been some tricks to learn about having company on work nights, but mostly I've had to learn to keep it in mind all the time so I can invite someone when the opportunity arises.  This plan has been so good for me and I'm happy to see people enjoying themselves at my table.  The greatest compliment is when I hear that one of my guests has in turn invited someone to their home.  Got to go get the sqaush in the oven.

All my best,
Kate

1 comment:

  1. I like that you have taken on a twice a month dinner with friends. Annette and I try to get together every couple of months with our hubbys and we always have a great time - dinner is always during a week night because our lives seem to be so busy on the weekends but it doesn't matter, the main reason is to get together and enjoy each other. And you are so right, if there's dust on the mantel, turn down the lights - who cares!

    ReplyDelete