Monday, October 3, 2011

In the face of uncertainty


Apple Crisp in the making
Dear Friends,

  Now that it is dark and rainy again, and now that I've just come through a week with two funerals, life is looking somewhat diminished and certainly uncertain.  They in all their wisdom say that we should eat dessert first in the face of uncertainty.  I've changed my mind on that score and have decided that one of the best things you can do is to gather your friends around your table.  Comfort, conversation, company--it encourages the soul and strengthens bonds.  You'll feel better the next day, I promise.  Apple crisp tonight, pot roast in the slow cooker tomorrow morning, potatoes, carrots and salad after work.  Not hard.  Who cares if the mantel is dusty?  If it worries you, turn the lights down and light a few candles.

All my best,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment