Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Transition


Dear Laurel,

  Sometimes I wonder if we are the first generation to struggle so hard with the transition of aging and everything that comes with it.  People are talking about it everywhere I go.  It seems that it's a surprise no one was expecting--at least we didn't expect it to feel like this.  Culturally we're caught between those who worked in one job for a lifetime and those who expect to change careers at least five times, parenting is over, and relationships have changed--it's no wonder we feel a nagging unrest.  My grandparents told me all about life and growing older, but they didn't mention this in between part that has us on the road to somewhere we've never been before.  Maybe we're the first ones, or maybe we're just learning to talk about it.

All my best,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment