Saturday, March 31, 2012

Perfect Pie Crust

Thanks to Graphics Fairy for this lovely pie
Dear Sonja,

   On Thursday evening a friend and I took dinner to an older couple--older meaning they are of the generation who has a deep and abiding appreciation for skillfully made pie and layer cake. I took an apple crumble pie because I thought they'd enjoy it.  As everyone took their first bites I felt like I was 15 again, waiting for the verdict....  The conversation went from "crust like plywood," to "not flaky at all," to "doughy", everyone offering an animated opinion on what passes for pie crust.  And then someone said, "Not like this pie... this pie is wonderful, the crust is perfect." And they meant it. Oh blessed, wonderful relief!  It made my day.

All my best,
Kate





No comments:

Post a Comment